Using Your Voice During Your Job Interview
Just wonder how many have encountered this problem which I had for the last couple of days - problem retrieving mail/ messages from my prima...
I GOT THE JOB My mobile phone buzzed a few times. When I checked the WhatsApp chat, there was this simple yet profound message in bold ...
Was much honoured to have been invited by PSB Academy to its annual Lunch and Learn lecture series Was very much inspired by lecture deliver...
PERSONAL BRANDING Creating that Smashing First Good Impression Which is more important - taking the job interview se...
Work a 'deeply ingrained habit' in S'pore: Survey, HR Updates, Singapore Jobs, Job Resources - STJobsWork a 'deeply ingrained habit' in S'pore: Survey, HR Updates, Singapore Jobs, Job Resources - STJobs
Develop Your Personal Brand To Market Yourself Personal branding is the relationships an individual has with its public - essentially...
Chinese New Year 2014: the year of the horse explained| News | The Week UK
NEW ENTRANTS TO JOB MARKET FACING MORE CHALLENGES “Unemployment rising for younger workers; firms wary about hiring in slowing economy”...
Have been invited by PSB Academy to conduct a workshop on " Writing an Impactful Resume". The response is overwhelming.
Sunday, 30 December 2018
Planning for a new job in 2019?
Why not? If an unexpected opportunity comes your way, you should! Or, if the job you had in 2018 drove you nuts, you should also be actively considering a move.
But, first know what and when skills and competencies will help you fit in quickly, as well as, where you will need help from professionals to improve your chances.
Do not take a shortcut or an easy way out. There ain't an easy or straightforward route to success. The best success stories are usually from those who take the time, effort and advice from career advisory professionals to ensure doing the right thing – the first time!
Winning the right job isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.
Successful Resumes Singapore
Sunday, 23 December 2018
Monday, 1 October 2018
DON’T LEAVE A JOB WITHOUT A JOB
Leaving your job? No, don’t do that!
Are you kidding? It’s up to my neck and I simply can’t take it anymore! I may end up in a mental institution if I stay on. The toxicity, politics, despicable bosses, stressful, dead-end role with below-market pay are driving me nuts. I don’t think I can take one minute more. I am ever-ready to call it a day. By the end of the working day, perhaps.
Are you sure? Think again. Do some soul-searching, consult with your loved ones, and talk to a professional counsellor before you put that resignation letter on your boss’ desk. It’s not that simple. Quitting a job without another in hand can and will add a whole new set of unexpected challenges and problems that you may not be ready for.
Consider the following if you are caught in that dilemma.
1. It’s mind-boggling, demotivating and rather demoralizing being not gainfully employed. Quitting your job can leave you feeling adrift, lost and isolated from others. How would your loved ones and friends perceive you?
2. The jobsearch process can be long-drawn, frustrating and you may be finding yourself caught in this spider web with no escape route. This problem is confounded by a tight labour market in a very disrupting, volatile new economy forced upon it by emerging technologies and startup business models.
3. Finance and money issues – Where would the money come from? Have you planned your finances for the long haul – many months without income? Understand all the financial ramifications of leaving your job – commissions, stock options, paid benefits etc. Be pragmatic. You need to put food on the table, pay your mortgage/rent and utilities; not forgetting children’s education and pocket expenses, and life and health insurance.
4. The stigma of being in chronic unemployment. The hiring community classifies those being unemployed for six months or longer as ‘chronically unemployed”. Prospective hiring managers perceive those currently employed as more desirable compared to those chronically unemployed.
5. Empower yourself. Before you throw in the towel, take some time off to reflect on your current situation and how you can overcome those challenges confronting you. Seek counsel from a professional, family member or trusted friend. If you belong to a religious group, pray for a divine breakthrough.
6. Once you are able to find a solution, a way out of your current ‘bad’ work environment, you’ll emerge stronger with more confidence, self-esteem and would have learnt new approaches and critical skills to overcoming the next wave of challenges. This ‘new-found’ experience would prepare you well for the next job role. You can confidently discuss how you overcome challenges in a productive, compelling, and inspiring way.
If quitting an unhappy job is the only option, it is strategically important that you make that critical decision with your eyes wide open after considering all options and factors. Running away from a bad situation won’t bring long-term relief. If you must quit, then quit without burning bridges. Accepting the next job offer must be based on sound, well-informed and well-founded decisions. Taking on another job because you are desperate for the pay cheque would put you back in square one.
Equally important is also to bear mind that job security is a complete myth, and so is long-term employment. Most industries are in a state of flux. Companies, for survival, make sweeping job cuts when they need to. They lay off employees in droves. Be fully prepared for the next job move ahead of time. Brush up and keep your resume and other branding paraphernalia current and relevant.
Successful Resumes Singapore Pte Ltd
Singapore’s leading enterprise crafting resumes and executive branding literature for discerning clients worldwide since 2011
Monday, 4 June 2018
Resume for Your Next Job
We're in mid-2018 and working professionals do take stock of their career journey at this time of the year. As the economy is on the upswing, more career opportunities are now available in fast-growth industries. Isn't it time you took stock of your career progression? Are you missing out on that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to move forward to better-paying roles?
So, if you plan (and you should) for your next career move, bear in mind that the most important marketing tool that you must have is your RESUME.
For more details and career advancement info, visit
Sunday, 11 March 2018
CRAFTING IRRESISTIBLE, ATTENTION-GRABBING RESUMES & BRANDING PROFILES
Simple? Download eye-catching templates from the internet for free or for as little as $6 you can have a cutting-edge copy. No kidding. But guess what? A futuristic-looking resume alone won’t get you into your next big gig.
What’s far more important and crucial is the CONTENT. Content is king and the storytelling must brand and position you for that big gig. Use of strategic and targeted, industry-relevant keywords can change hiring professionals’ perception of you as a potential hire.
Successful Resumes have been partnering clients for well over 25 years to advance their careers globally. Our professionals have crafted over 250k resumes and branding profiles for clients worldwide.
We can help you craft that AMAZING resume. Want to know more? Go to www.successfulresumessingapore.com